Deep Experience In Trial And Appeals
When it comes to choosing a lawyer or law firm to represent you and your interests in court, buyers beware: Not every attorney is qualified to handle your case. There is no substitute for actual courtroom experience.
I am James Brewer, an accomplished trial lawyer with 30-plus years of hands-on experience in civil litigation and criminal law. My skill, tenacity and attention to detail helps me to be a powerful advocate for my clients, whether in negotiations or in front of judges and juries.
General Litigation And Dispute Resolution
I represent individuals and businesses throughout Connecticut, including Hartford, Litchfield, Middlesex, Tolland, New Haven and New London counties in many litigated matters, including:
- Business litigation: Partnership disputes, noncompete agreements, business dissolutions, unfair competition, lawsuit defense
- Breach of contract disputes: Real estate, construction and other transactions
- Civil rights lawsuits: Police brutality, false arrest, First Amendment rights violations
- Employment litigation (employee): Discrimination, harassment, retaliation, termination
- Criminal law: White collar crimes, felony charges, DUI defense
A Successful Record In Appellate Advocacy
If the outcome of your trial was unfair, you may have the right to appeal. I have successfully prosecuted and defended civil and criminal appeals in appellate courts of Connecticut and New Jersey, the Connecticut Supreme Court and the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York. I can gauge whether you have viable grounds for appeal, and I can represent you if you have lost confidence in your original trial counsel.
Don’t Take A Chance With An Inexperienced Attorney
Before setting foot in the courtroom, I will provide you with every possible advantage as well as the benefit of years of investigative and trial experience. While it is impossible to guarantee a positive outcome in any trial, you can feel confident knowing that your attorney has access to the latest technology and is up to date on the latest developments within the law.